Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March Geranium,still life,oil on canvas,12x9,price$400

This is another new oil painting of a geranium plant. I put up two images because there is a small change I made on the painting in the second image. The second image is also lighter. Please know that because I paint in oils they are WET the day I show them on my blog. It takes a good week to dry to the touch. Because I like to Vanish with Gamvar and I have had to send off paintings right away I asked the experts at Gamblin if I could varnish my paintings before 6 month. They told me to go ahead when it's dry to the touch. They also told me that I could use a cold wax medium if I wanted a dull finish. Any time you need technical help from Gambin they are most helpful. They also have videos to show you how to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment